Recipe inspired by (completely copied from) Platings & Pairings!
• 4 cups bone broth (or vegetable stock)
• 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 1 shallot (minced)
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
• 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
• 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
• 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
• Fresh ground black pepper
• 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
• 1/2 cup dried cranberries
• In a medium saucepan, whisk together the stock and pumpkin over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and reduce the heat to low. Cover and keep warm.
• Melt the butter in a large dutch oven or saucepan over medium heat. Once the foaming subsides, add the shallot and salt. Cook until softened, 2-3 minutes. Add the thyme and rice and cook for one minute longer.
• Add the white wine vinegar and a ladle of warm stock and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has evaporated. Add another ladle of stock, and continue cooking until evaporated again. Continue cooking, adding a ladle of stock at a time, and allowing to evaporate in between each addition. Cook until the rice is done, but has a bite to it, it should be creamy in texture, and will take about 20-25 minutes.
• Mix in the parmesan, half of the parsley, and nutmeg. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with the remaining parsley, goat cheese and dried cranberries. Serve immediately.
Calories: 478kcal | Carbohydrates: 78g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 867mg | Potassium: 219mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 9815IU | Vitamin C: 3.1mg | Calcium: 155mg | Iron: 4.3mg